The VMware cloud on AWS
We presented a webinar on VMC on AWS April 19th. The VMware cloud on AWS was a major theme at both VMworld and AWS Re:invent.
The question we asked to preface this webinar is whether this offering is the realization of hybrid cloud we’ve heard about for years.
Here’s the least you need to know from the webinar:
- Look at the webinar slides here.
- Listen to the webinar recording.
- Next webinar topic & time: May 17th @ 1pm EST as we explore: “Moving on Up – Is it time to shift your Database strategy from IaaS to DBaaS?”
- Content Highlights (What We Covered):
- Offering Details (Host Configurations, Scale-out options, pricing variations)
- Popular Use cases for VMC on AWS
- A brief history of other hybrid cloud / workload portability options
- Conclusion: The VMware cloud on AWS is a viable option if you want to migrate now and have option to modernize (native services) or repatriate (move back onprem) later. CloudGenera’s value proposition here is that we can help you move from generic comparison to customized analysis. The VMware cloud on AWS is a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). Your operating assumptions (overhead, overcommits, etc) make a big difference on whether this option is viable. CloudGenera’s platform allows you to pick a pricing paradigm and configuration to customize so you can model exactly how your business would consume this service.