• AWS sets aside $236m for data center and service offerings expansion in Brazil. Read More
• SIOS brings solution for automatic remediation of application failures on Amazon EC2 Instances to North American market. Read More
• The cloud war between AWS and Azure continues – AWS states a recent Azure study is incorrect
A recent Microsoft commissioned study that found the company’s Azure cloud platform is faster and cheaper than Amazon Web Services. In response, Amazon’s market-leading cloud company has now responded to the study. As you may expect, AWS refutes the findings and say Microsoft’s data is flawed
• Spanning beyond cloud offerings, Google continues to attract larger deals and hits $10b in run rate revenue
When people engage with us on Cloud, they’re interested in a bigger digital transformation, across the board
• 2 major security flaws discovered in Azure, by Check Point, have been resolved
Check Point’s researchers were able to prove that a hacker could compromise tenant applications, data and accounts by creating a free user in Azure Cloud and running malicious Azure functions
• Microsoft celebrates 62% Azure revenue growth. Read More
• Backup Explorer tool for Azure services is now available as a preview. Read More
• 5 things to know about IBM’s new President Jim Whitehurst. Read More.
• This managed private Cloud as a Service is the natural evolution of IBM and Cisco’s partnership
Cisco and IBM Services’s new Managed Private Cloud-as-a-service for x86 that is powered by Cisco UCS. There are two “flavors” of this fully managed private cloud: a solution based on widely popular virtualization software, VMware; and a solution based on RedHat’s open-source Kubernetes platform, OpenShift.
• Oracle Cloud expands into not 1, or 2, but 5 new regions. Read More.
• UnitedHealthcare notifies nearly 1,000 members of data breach. Read More
CloudTalk is provided by the Cloud Research team at CloudGenera. As the industry’s best-in-class IT decision engine, CloudGenera is continually focused on delivering insight into the emerging trends, patterns, and innovations which impact technology decision-makers. CloudGenera is committed to helping you make better technology decisions in minutes, not months.