• In early 2020, Microsoft Azure rolled out many changes to their offerings globally, bringing global data centers closer in line with one another. Azure filled out PaaS and BYOL offerings as well as some notable missing series across various data centers where they were previously unavailable.
• New EC2 nodes in AWS content catalogs, coming soon: AWS Announcement
• Apptio to Collaborate with AWS to Deliver Better Cloud Experiences. Read Now.
• AWS Pitches New Pricing Options for Container-based Software. Read More.
• MariaDB Corporation is Upping its Cloud-native Playbook.
“Similar to newer analytical solutions such as Snowflake, MariaDB Platform X4 implements a cloud-native disaggregated architecture for analytics using an API compatible with AWS S3 for up to 70% cost savings over block storage, 99.999999999% durability and 99.99% availability, storage across multiple availability zones and unlimited storage capacity,” said the company, in a press statement.
• The New AWS Features that will Solve Pain Points for CIOs and CTOs. Read More.
• Google Launches Cloud Premium Support for Enterprise Customers. Read More.
• Google Cloud launches Archive cold storage service that will focus on long-term data retention and compete against AWS Glacier, Microsoft Cool Blob Storage, and IBM Cloud Storage. Read More.
• Google Launches IBM “Power Systems as a Cloud” Service. Read More.
• Microsoft Taxes AWS and GCP Users for On-Premises Licensing
“Microsoft positioned this change as ‘simply a matter of updating its licensing scheme to replace a changing market.'”
• Azure Updates: Blockchain Workbench; Private Link; Azure Batch; Security compliance; IoT Central. Read More.
• Broadridge (BR) and IBM Tie Up on Hybrid Cloud Capabilities. Read More.
• IBM Looks To Capitalise On Untapped Cloud Opportunity. Read More.
CloudTalk is provided by the Cloud Research team at CloudGenera. As the industry’s best-in-class IT decision engine, CloudGenera is continually focused on delivering insight into the emerging trends, patterns, and innovations which impact technology decision-makers. CloudGenera is committed to helping you make better technology decisions in minutes, not months.