• On Tuesday Microsoft announced a preview of Azure Private Link, an option for keeping Azure service connections off the public Internet. Microsoft states:
The ability to consume the SaaS solutions privately within the customer’s own network has been a common request. With Azure Private Link, we’re extending the private connectivity experience to Microsoft partners. This is a very powerful mechanism for Microsoft partners to reach Azure customers. We’re confident that a lot of future Azure Marketplace offerings will be made through Azure Private Link.
Azure Private Link explained here.
• A new premier tier for Azure Files, announced in June, now has new features and enhancements.
• In support of Binary Authorization, Google releases Black Duck.
• More automation and easier deployment of container applications promised with Service Mesh added to Anthos.
• AWS now lets you automatically replicate Data uploads in the same region. Read more.
• Amazon’s Labor Day outage resulted in some customers losing production data. Cloud issue, or user error? Read more on AWS Elastic Block Store.
Oracle and VMware on Monday announced a deal designed to resolve years of tension over how Oracle handles technical support for VMware users and make it easier for them to move to Oracle’s cloud computing service.
To better compete, and possibly rise above cloud competitors, Oracle is investing big in expansion.
CloudTalk is provided by the Cloud Research team at CloudGenera. As the industry’s best-in-class IT decision engine, CloudGenera is continually focused on delivering insight into the emerging trends, patterns, and innovations which impact technology decision-makers. CloudGenera is committed to helping you make better technology decisions in minutes, not months.